The salmon fishing season in Iceland is off to a great start.
- Vididalsá 12 salmon were caught today on the opening day.
- Laxá river in Kjós just opened with 6 salmon for the first half of the day
- Grimsá opened yesterday and during the first two hours 2 fish were caught.
- Langá river opened with 5 fish during the first day.
- Thverá river is off to a fantastic start and has had 50 salmon caught over the last 3 days.
- Vatnsdalsá river opened with a few fish during the first day and
- East Rangá is also giving some fish which is quite early for the Rangá system.
West Rangá will open on the 26th and we can not wait to see how the fishing will be there. Another two rivers which are doing well are Nordurá and of course Blandá.