2017 salmon fishing availability in Iceland
Still have not planned your fishing holiday this year? Well, there is still a change to catch the big one. Here are few very good options still available for this years salmon fishing in Iceland.
- July 23 - 26 (afternoon - noon)
This might be the most productive fishing days in July. Straumar is the junction of Nordura and Hvítá river located 1 hour from Reykjavik.
Accommodation is in the oldest fishing lodge in Iceland, still being used as such. Well kept and comfortable but you feel the history staying there.
- July 19 - 21 (afternoon - noon)
- July 26 - 27 (afternoon - noon)
Brennan is the junction of Thverá and Hvítá rivers. Prime time is July and the fishing there can be extraordinary.
There are 4 twin bedrooms at the lodge and one guide will show you around the beat.
- July 21 - 23 (3 full days), 2 rods available
- August 8 - 10 (3 full days), 3 rods available
Here you fish for BIG salmon. There are 6 rods that fish the river and the average catch is 600 salmon. NOT BAD!
Big and powerful river with big and strong salmon.
- July 18 - 20 (morning - noon), 2 rods available for 2,5 days
- August 1 - 3 (afternoon - noon). All 6 rods available for 2 days
- August 6 - 8 (afternoon - noon), 3 rods available for 2 days
Lower Rangá is the last 8 km of East Rangá river, the junction of East and West Rangá river and the last 13 km towards the sea. July/Early August is the PRIME TIME for Lower Rangá and the lodge is beautiful. 6 bedroom ensuite lodge.