Iceland Outfitters offers two extraordinaty snorkeling options in Iceland.
SilfraIf you have heard of snorkeling in Iceland, you have heard of Silfra. Silfra is the water between the two continental plates, located in Thingvellir national park. It is an amazing experience going there, crystal clear water, very deep and absolutely beautiful.
Geothermal waterA unique option for snorklers. Snorkeling in bubbling hot springs. This would usually not be possible as the hot spring is bubbling and there for too hot to enter, but within 30 min from Reykjavik there is a lake called Kleifarvatn where we can see the bubbling hotsprings. The hotsprings have only recently been discovered at are about 50 meters swim from the shore. Very few people have seen this already.
Most of our guests do the snorkeling as an activity on our longer daytours.
- When snorkeling Silfra you are about 30 - 40 min in the water
- When snorkeling the geothermal water you are about 30 - 69 min in the water
Please expect appr. 2-3 hours in total to get in and out of the gear and etc.
Important to know:
- Please expect 2,5 - 3 hours in total for the tour, starting/ending by Silfra or Kleifarvatn
- All guests must read and sing the Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign a liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be minimum 150 cm and maximum 200 cm tall
- Be minimum 45 kg and maximum 120 kg weight
- Be minimum 14 years old
- Be comfortable in water and able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit
- Be able to comunicate in English or to have a translator
- Not be pregnant
Photos from snorkeling in Silfra, Thingvellir National park
Photos from snorkeling over the hotsprings in Kleifarvatn